Today is the start of a new podcast I’ve been working on. It’s called the Coffee Jobs PodcastÂ and is a weekly show that will run for the next three months or so. Each episode is an interview with a leader in the coffee industry. TheÂ podcast is there to serve two different audiences: those working in coffee, and those running businesses, hiring and building teams.
If youâ€™re working in coffee, and looking to progress, then we cover things like:
- Mistakes to avoid
- How to approach applying and being interviewed
- What theyâ€™re looking for in a CV or application
- How to get the job you want
- How to keep the job you love, and move forward in your career
If youâ€™re hiringÂ or building a team then youâ€™ll be interested in:
- Where they look for staff
- How they approach trial shifts and interviews
- Their favourite interview questions and techniques
- Mistakes theyâ€™ve made in their careers and their businesses
- How theyÂ approachÂ development and retention of their teams.
While the second half may not seem obviously appealing to those wanting to progress – I think it is hugely useful to understand the way employers are thinking about this stuff.
Honestly, the work Iâ€™ve done on Coffee Jobs Board is what started this – but the time Iâ€™ve already put in has been hugely rewarding for me. There are themes that come through the interviews that I didnâ€™t expect to see. It has changed how I view a lot about a career in coffee, what is means, what is possible and what is valuable. To me personally, this project is already a success.
The first episode with Colin Harmon is now live, and Iâ€™d recommend checking it out. There are some great interviews recorded and more lined up, with guests from around the world. If thereâ€™s someone youâ€™d love to hear on the show then drop an email to email@example.com and weâ€™ll do our best.
To keep up to date:
Subscribe in iTunes
If you’re on iOS then I’d strongly recommend the Overcast app.