I live in London, and am trying to travel a little less.
People often ask me exactly what I do. I’m not always good at anÂ answer.
I’m currently focused on the following things:
- Square Mile Coffee Roasters – my goal is to help drive the company forward, and to create an environment where we can do interesting things.
- Nuova Simonelli/Victoria Arduino – I’m continuing to work with them to develop new equipment and new technologies that we believe are important and useful.
- Coffee Jobs Board – hiring is increasingly important and challenging in the coffee industry, and I want to help make that easier.
- I have a newsletter, that you should totally subscribe to. It’s mostly about coffee, but also not about coffee.
- Writing – mostly here on the blog at the moment. I’m not yet working on a second edition of the Atlas. Longberry Magazine is also still alive (we promise).
- AdvisingÂ a couple of companies – I enjoy this, but I am not looking to add more.
- Cooking and developing new skills in the kitchen.
- Making cocktails, and learning just how muchÂ nonsense surroundsÂ them.
- Reading – please feel free to recommend me a book on twitter.
What I’m currently not doing:
- Taking on any consultancy work – I just don’t have the capacity right now, but if you are looking then do get in touch and I will connect you to someone who can help.
- Speaking at conferences –Â I’ve enjoyed this a lot in the past, but I’d like a little break.
- Buying or roasting coffee – because I’ve never done that.
A short bio:
My name is James Hoffmann, and Iâ€™ve been writing about coffee here since 2004.
Iâ€™m interested in great coffee for more people, regardless of whether you work in the industry or just enjoy a cup in the mornings.
I was the World Barista Champion in 2007.